Thread: Who am I ?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
matt4x4

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Not sure who I am anymore. Inside I'm critical of my husband but realise, he hasn't changed, he has always been the same in all the years we've been married.

When I first stopped drinking I wanted everything right, I had got that crutch thrown in the skip, I wanted everything else sorted. But it isn't. It's just the beginning, in a good way.

I can deal with being sober now, but reading what brain and jus wrote yesterday 'figure out how to deal with life sober' and 'shaping my life around alcohol'.

I lived the latter, thankfully not anymore and now I'm learning, very slowly to deal with life sober. I know that I don't know who I am anymore.

Then I read about Rhonda, rip, who I never had the pleasure of meeting. The strength she had staying sober I know I would not have that strength at this time with any devastating news and realise my problems are but a small pebble to Rhonda's.

If I hadn't been coming to sr I would have been a wreck, I would have left or parted with husband, I may have started drinking, I may have had enough.

Something, help from you guys and some survival instinct inside me, makes me mindful that we get down days, I used to blot them out with booze, then have more down days, vicious circle.

I read on sr 'don't make any life changing decisions at least until you are a year sober'. That is such a valuable lesson for me and though I've a few months before I'm a year sober I realise it makes such sense.

I put booze in my system for a lot of years, getting worse the last two or so years, my body and mind must be all over the place, so I can on, learning, finding myself, mostly good days some great days and an odd down day.

But, never a 'full of regrets', hungover, drunk and disorderly day, thank God xx

That's got be worth it's weight in gold.
Well, when you start pointing fingers, there are three other fingers pointed back at yourself. Time to look at yourself when you start pointing.