View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tobiano22

my sponsee is drinking

Hi Everyone,
I am new to sponsorship, I love being in service and find it truly does help keep me sober. Its important to me to share my experience strength and hope with another alcoholic, as it can not only give them hope, but truly drives home for me the nature of my malady.

I need some help tho. I've been sponsoring a woman who can't stay sober. She's been a daily closet drinker a long time, and has been telling me (but lying) that she's been sober for 3 weeks. We meet weekly, speak on the phone frequently, she's doing her reading, praying and going to meetings... but drinking all the while. last night at a meeting I could smell it on her breath for the first time. I didn't confront her about it b/c we were in a group talking, and i didn't want to embarrass her. But i called my own sponsor for advice on the way home.. She asked me to pray on it, and talk to my sponsee, as this woman did drive home last night.. a danger to herself and to others.

my plan is to ask her about it today on the phone, and see what she says. I'm trying to keep myself out of this, and have God guide me.. But is there any advice out there? Thank you in advance.