View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
Oh my goodness..I didn't know all of the above about the mother. I think at some point a person her endangers their own children should have no rights to them. I feel sorry for your child/children.
I think having accessible pictures and explaining that the mother is very sick and not thinking in her right mind might be more understandable.
You are doing such a wonderful job protecting your family; never feel sorry for that or the fact that she isn't a part of her own childs life. That is her choice and by the sounds of it, she doesn't need to be a part, at least not until she is healthy.
Hugs to you for the awesome job you are doing.
This.

Print plenty of photos of yourself and your kids at all stages that you find. Add in some of their mom during better (?) times, even ones of them with their mom. It's okay to balance it so there aren't a whole lot of their mom, but enough that it doesn't leave them wondering.

Explain that mom is very ill. That it is not their fault or yours. That there's nothing anyone can do to control it or cure it.

The three C's:
You didn't Cause it.
You can't Control it.
You can't Cure it.

Keep taking photos and printing new ones of the good times of you and your kids now. Sometimes it's easy to just take photos of them. Get in the pictures with them, and let them take some too.

You're doing wonderfully! No need to doubt yourself. It's so good your kids have you for a dad!