View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ResignedToWait
Stoic

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Do they have a female role model? That is important for your daughter.

What is your wife doing 4 hours away? Drinking? Working? Institution? I cannot remember your circumstances. Are her parents involved?
Nay, they don't have a female role model. Not sure what I can do about that. Their teachers are female, that's about the best I can do.

She is living in our home that I still pay for (due to military rules on supporting dependents) with no responsibilities or job whatsoever. She is drinking still, has (had) a TransG male living in the home with her, and tries to file to have the custody arrangements changed approx every two or three months...whenever the court will allow her to file again (three times so far). So, I spend my time accruing evidence that she is still drinking, not improving her situation whatsoever...and then refute it in court where she tells the court that she's been completely sober and is ready to take the kids again, and I show the court all the evidence that she is still extremely active in her drinking. (banking statements, subpoenaed her vehicles interlock device which has multiple lock-outs due to blowing in it while intoxicated, recorded phone calls with the children where she is obviously drunk...etc)
No parents are involved. Her mom blocked her from all communication, due to all this happening.

I'm just waiting till May, when I can finally file for divorce (1 year minimum sep time required in our state) and let the asset division nightmare begin.

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Is there a pic of mom with your kids for them to have in their room? It might be nice for them to have one there so if they want to look at her or think about things without 'hurting you' - they have a bit of privacy that way.
What a great idea CodeJob! We actually don't have any family pictures up in the apartment, we've just been decorating with jigsaw puzzles my daughter and I have done.
It doesn't hurt me at all to have them be interested in their mother, or to want to see her or look at her picture. They've just never asked, and I haven't thought about offering. =( It never occurred to me that just talking about how she missed them and is sad she can't see them isn't enough.