Old 04-01-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SadWife7

It would have made my life a lot easier if my husband was willing to take a break from our relationship to take care of himself. He's about 24 days sober from heroin. I had no idea he was doing it, it was going on about 6 months but became a constant in his life over the last couple. There was a serious opiate addiction before that, that I underestimated. We have a 2 year old and I'm 7 months pregnant. He wants back in our lives and says it's not his fault my life is hard from being a single mom, that was my reaction to his addiction. I called bs, him shooting up in our bathroom was not safe for me or the kid. Now I have to attend therapy & martial counseling & Alanon, and I am very resentful of the idea that I need a program to fix me because of the situation he has put us in. So....you have to choose what is right for you, but him wanting to focus on himself could be a very good thing. My husband is out of the house till I have some trust again to be able to live with him, so right now he goes to treatment & AA/NA meetings then hangs out with his sister or brother or sponser or goes ice skating or mountain biking or other fun things while I am working full time & mommy full time as well. To be fair, he has been coming over to our house & working on things that have needed done for a long time as well. Addiction is selfish. Early recovery is selfish. Good luck to you-This road sucks.