Thread: XAH abused DD8
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
lillamy

My father is a golden boy. He is handsome, a lawyer, church leader, community service leader and appears wealthy. It is like a split personality. One way in public, another way at home. He was verbally abusive to me on a daily basis and occasionally physically abusive (threw me into things, face slaps when I was little). This all started after he divorced my mother and she wasn't there to fight with him. I was the oldest, so I got his wrath. My little sister was treated like angel. I was blamed for anything wrong in his life. I assume because he couldn't accept that he was ever wrong or at fault. I have almost nothing to do with him anymore but when I see or talk with him, the abuse starts almost immediately. I get away from it. I am his target, don't know why. A therapist once said it is because I hold him accountable. Some kind of obsessive control issue. My sister told me she thinks it is because dad loves her more. Some time long ago he made a choice to love her and not me, it is weird as hell. With all that, he was very kind for brief moments. Enough to pull me back in and let my guard down.
Wow, Miss Fixit. Just wow. It's like you're describing AXH and his relationship to our kids. Very frightening. But for me, very encouraging to see that you and your sister both grew up to beat the odds and become functional, loving human beings. It's a hard road you've traveled. Thank you for sharing it, it really helped me.