Old 03-22-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
krete77

Originally Posted by Gakx View Post
I commend you for this decision. I understand how tough it is to feel like you are giving up everything but, in reality, you will get so much more when it is all gone. I could start naming the list but I think that you will be able to make your own list of positives soon.

Start with putting you and that precious little girl at the top of the list! You are both far more important than any drug/alcohol out there. I also understand the moderation problem too. It affects all aspects of my life, not just the drugs/alcohol problem. Funny how our brains work.

I wish you all the best!! Keep your mind focused on what you want so that you do not lose sight of it.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just want to be clear on this here, and I hope I don't sound rude because that's not the intent;

But I remember the day my daughter was born; I was told myself I was going to quit weed the night before she was born.

yet here I am 3 years later still toking. 3 YEARS.

My point? It doesn't matter who you are, you can tell me that my daughter is number one priority in my life (and she is) but that doesn't stop me from being an addict. i've tried a thousand ways to use my daughter as an excuse to be sober but it doesn't work. and why should it? i'm a loving dad. I spend all the time I can with her. I've never drank around here, NOT ONCE. weed? yea but that's not as bad (i know, i know...) i've supported her in every way possible, i'm doing things better than how my parents raised me; i tell her i love her a thousand times a day, hug/kiss her, make sure she is secure in every aspect of her life. just signed her up for soccer every saturday morning..i mean the list goes on and on and on.

i'm just trying to say, i've somehow managed to be two people at once. an addict and the best dad i can be. and i've been complimented by hundreds of people on the kind of dad they see that i am (single father by the way, have daughter 1/2 time, meaning thurs-sundays or sun-wednesdays). this is in no way an ego boost to myself, im just simply saying what people have said to me. and i do accept compliments, because it reenforces my positive role model Ora that i have going on for my little girl.

I just hide it well I guess? Only my closest friend really knows whats going on in my life, and he has similar issues. my parents have no clue; most friends don't know whats going on.