View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SineadOConnor

So here's what I see in and hear from my kids (all teens):
"She doesn't have any other friends and I want to prove to her that she is worthy of having friends, that she's a sweet person, and that people can love her."
"Everyone else hates her and calls her a b***h but she's not, and I want people to see that."
"I've told her again and again that I won't put up with her lying to me" (still continues the friendship even though friend keeps lying)
"Normal people don't understand me."
"I don't have anything in common with normal people."
"I hate those blonde girls in their skinny jeans and uggs, they just walk around school JUDGING everyone."
I'm not sure what you are asking, but all of the above is me. I'm an ACA but the home is what makes the child. To correct it? All I can do is accept it and wear it as a badge of honor. People from fragmented homes (ACA's) are giving people. What is so bad about that and why should it be corrected? Normal? What is that? Ask even a normie, they couldn't tell you. Having something in common with people? That is called uniqueness if you don't. As much as I felt uncomfortable about being out of place as a teen, now looking back, I would embrace it. Let'em. JMHO