View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

1) My lawyer, to whom I owe $5,000 has offered NO help whatsoever with the criminal matter involved xAH (his assaults on me). I went to court the day of his arraignment and spoke to the victim witness advocate about being terrified of him and left. That is the same day he, with his lawyer, got the bail conditions changed.

2) The bail conditions requiring no contact were changed so that he still can not be within 100 yards of me or my home (unless he is coming to pick up the girls at his prescribed parenting time-- totally insane that the court allows that in my estimation) but the temporary parenting order was reinstated to allow him to "attend all extracurricular, social and school functions for the children". This was done in the criminal court, my lawyer was not there to argue for how insane this is and I was not there either.

3) My lawyer has said to go along with it and show the court I am not trying to keep the girls from their father and that unless I can pay her the full $5,000 right now she cant represent me anymore.

So, I am pretty screwed.

The assault was less than a month ago, he has been able to regain access to me and the order from the court is nice and vague so that I really have zero protection.