View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mellybug

First, if you do break it off with him and he does something silly, as you say, then that's HIS problem, not yours. If you THINK he has a drinking problem, he probably does. If you feel in your gut that he's lying, even if he isn't, then there is a lack of trust which speaks volumes to me.

Congrats on finding this site...please stay a while and read some of the stories here. Even the ones that you think have nothing to do with your situation - because if he truly IS drinking as much as you suspect he is, then some of these stories may be what you have to look forward to if you continue on this path. It's up to you to decide if that is something you can handle.

For me, I had no idea that my bf was drinking as heavy as he was until I had moved in with him. Then I saw every day just how much he was drinking...the "Tower of Empties" grew and grew...at one point it was enough that when his mom came over to visit she returned the tower (all neatly packed back in the boxes by me) and collected enough money in returns to get enough gas to drive the 2 hour drive back home from our place.

I can only say that when I left him, it was very hard at first, but I'm at peace now for the first time since our relationship began. I have known him for 4 years and had such DREAMS for how I thought our relationship would be. I lived with him less than 6 months when I had to get out.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.