Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
Well...I think that there are plenty of people who find recovery outside of AA. People who are atheists, or who work a different program, etc. That said, I would be highly suspicious of counseling with anybody except a trained/certified addiction counselor.

But I suppose the bottom line is what (if any) actual results you see. Until then, keep working that program! You are doing great!
Just had to respond to this one, too. He is trying to make an appointment with a therapist who just graduated from college 4 years ago. She specializes in anxiety, depression, ADHD, and other more basic mental health issues. She does not do addictions counseling. I wonder how much experience a young female counselor will have when dealing with someone who has a few decades of experience more than she? She also specializes in mindfulness therapy?? I am not sure what that entails but it's something I would probably be interested in. Not sure about my super conservative Catholic AH, though. Some days I wish I could be a fly on the wall!