Old 03-18-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
A few thoughts:

This sounds like what my STBXAH does, says something that sounds good enough without actually committing to changing his life.

Your AH, he's a narcissist, and true NPDs don't get anything out of therapy at all, *if* they even go, which they usually don't because they don't want to see unflattering pictures of themselves.

I'm surprised you're asking at all, Liz. You know the answer to this one. All of your therapy and Al-Anon and spiritual work gives you the answers. I would love it if you found a way to trust them without clearing them with us first. You've come a long way, girl.
I know the answer to some degree. I also know that other people may have input based on their individual experiences that might be helpful, not just to me but to others in the boards.

I noticed AH wearing his wedding ring again, too. Guess he gave up on the online dating he wanted to try out, as well. He had taken it off when I walked away from him when he started lying and gas lighting me. It's amazing what can trigger them!

Also, I am well aware of the fact that we might not even like each other in the future if we both change. Thanks everyone for the support and honesty I get here! Truly appreciate it!