Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Individual counseling in replacement of AA

My AH wants to start attending counseling on his own with a new therapist. He had a bad work trip last week and drank A LOT. He won't go into details but I know there's something going on. I know that when I did speak with him, he seemed very distant and groggy and out of it and seemed surprised to even be on the phone. He even missed his outgoing flight and got stuck for a whole day at the airport. Which is so unlike him, quite frankly.

Anywhoo, he says AA is still not for him. He is looking into therapy again but I have to ask: how effective is it in the long term if there is no spiritual recovery program?

As for me, I am really feeling good. Working my own program, connecting with old friends and new ones. Trying so hard not to isolate(seems to be a habit of mine and I've had to really take a look at this). I've taken up running(ok, I can only do 3/4ths of a mile at a time but it's a start) and I am rehab'ing my elbow due to tennis elbow. I am working A LOT with my son on schoolwork, setting up checklists and teaching him new organizational skills, etc.

Even though I've put off the separation, I am learning that I am still able to find peace and serenity despite how my marriage really is. I am still working on squirreling away money and I have a friend who is helping me put a resume together, too!