Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
red247

Sister walked out of rehab after 4 days- need help

I'm not sure this is the right place to be posting this message, but let's see what happens.
My sister is a long time alcoholic/drug user (over 20 years) and a week ago after several back to back incidents, agreed to go into rehab. She has 3 children that my mother is taking care of while she is gone.
3 days of detox, 3 days of rehab and she has left the facility. We told her that if she left, no one would respond to her phone calls, or help her return home. The rehab facility is in another state. She left anyway and has been calling all of us non stop since she left. She has been sitting in an airport for 2days now. No food, no money, and although the facility is 20 minutes away, she refuses to go back. The family is starting to waiver a bit. Not answering her hysterical calls or putting money in her account for food seems so harsh, but the life she has been living (and dragging her children through) is also very harsh. Not sure what to do next. We keep hoping that she will go back to the facility when she truly realizes that we are not going to help her. This is the first time the family as a whole has not enabled her in some way. We made it very clear what the consequences would be. But it is excruciating to watch.