View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by Mits78 View Post
I feel I tried to tell someone they didnt believe me and he reprimanded me for it.
I understand.

I thought mine was a dream for the longest time but it stayed with me and was fairly clear. When I got older I realized it was not a dream, even though I never thought it really was, because kids at that age do not dream about stuff like that.

When I told I was not believed and I am still not believed to this day. It is the main factor for the strain in the relationship I have with my mother. She not only did not believe me but threw it my face on several occasions over the years that I was lying.

I was not lying, it did happen and it hurts that because I was a child that it was dismissed, I was dismissed. It was stuffed away. It was never talked about, no questions were asked, no follow up was done. Nothing. It did not even merit the skeleton closet. At least the skeletons fall out now and then, mine was buried.

I have really tried to forgive my mother, I can only assume that she was doing what she felt in her heart at the time and that later on the fear of the truth kept her in denial and still keeps her there. I think if she were to admit it then she would feel she needs to take some of the blame. Mind you I am only guessing. The last time It was brought up I simply said I didn't care if she believes me or not and that was the truth. I do not need her to qualify it or accept any responsibility because in the end it was not her fault and we can't go back 35 years and change anything