View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Absolutely this forum has been such a big support. Of course I don't want to take anything away from myself, I decided to take the sober path but still you guys helped keep me on that path. This is why I never liked the standard 12 step thing, to give it over to a higher power felt insulting to me, it removes the achievment of those who suceed, that's why I just could not gel with that idea.

At the same time I triedso hard to quit before I finally found this community and I managed some short term success. The reality is you guys have helped me simply by listening to my nonsense, you have challenged some of my older ideas, you have provided me with experiences that mimic my own and made me realise the stupid excuses I was giving. Ok yes I have terrible physical pain but with proper treatment and support from you guys I can stay sober, reduce my pain and stay off the demon drink.

I owe a great deal to this forum, and no matter what happens I'll never forget the wonderful people here who helped me.

To anyone who reads this and wants to try to sober path, please give it a go, the people here are just so fantastic.