View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hi, I was introduced to AA back in 2005 but didn't commit to getting sober until 2012. I've not worked the steps so I can't be said to be "in" AA but rather "around" AA. I did ninety in ninety (plus) from October 1, 2012 onwards, relapsed last August and have four months now. I haven't had a drink but all that horrible head stuff that I was drinking to cope with is still there. I was an unhappy, angry alcoholic. Now I am unhappy, angry sober person. So, I have a better idea this time around of what I need to do to have happy, non-angry sobriety and that is work the steps to work on me. I have a temporary sponsor.

So short answer to your question...I didn't start working the steps right away. I'm still working on that, four months after my last drink. You are not a failure or a loser. A woman at one of my meetings has a lot of sobriety time and only went to open meetings for five years and didn't work any steps. Then figured that she might want to. Five years. And she is one of the most together people I know.