View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheGreatBelow

Took a while to do this

Hey I'm Jack,

So at 20 years old I am pretty young as far as alcoholism goes, and as a student I have found it hard to accept that I have a problem. However I am currently failing University due to drinking, I regularly prepare lies in my head incase someone runs into me buying liquor, and I can't get through the night without at least half a bottle of neat whiskey. Previously I was into fitness quite heavily, swimming twice a week and weightlifting four times a week, but I've lapsed completely recently, and put on a lot of weight. I occasionally do a few days here and there but I only get through it thinking about buying a bottle on the way back to my flat. I used to sneak whiskey into the house when I lived with my parents, who don't really drink, especially not at home, but now that I have moved out, I'm having a lot of trouble quitting.

I guess it might have been pride, but it has taken me a while to get around to posting on here, I've visited it many times when I've felt down about my drinking (being drunk at the time of visiting the site).

I've tried to quit a few times but as I have an anxiety disorder, the panic attacks get really bad and I eventually cave, so I thought I would finally bite the bullet and post. Apologies if the post is a bit long.