View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

We set our boundaries for us, yet that doesn’t mean those around will be all happy about them. It surely is a process, not only to believe in yourself and the decisions you need to make for you, but also to allow time to run it’s own natural course … all those things we have no control over.

My family didn’t like no, as a complete sentence. They still don’t like the fact that I do not volunteer to do what others think I should be doing. They choose to make me the bad guy for it, which is their issue, not mine anymore … I could take it personal, but frankly my life is so less chaotic that I know I did the right thing with the boundaries I set forth.

I equate reclaiming myself as following a bread crumb trail backward … seeing where I lost a bit of me here and there over many years trying to balance the fight of being who I am … and who those around me think I am or need me to be. I found at times I just got to a point where I would let myself fall away as unimportant. I am so glad I don’t do that anymore.