Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi Chille,
I had to step back and look at myself like an outsider at first. You know how like its easier seeing what's going on with other people than it is when it's you happening too? I know. It sucked when it was me. Not fun at all.

If I had a friend who had an addiction they were trying to kick and I didn't and I saw them in the beginning I would have said. You are doing so well! This is hard sometimes. Folks don't just quit and then that's the end of it. Most people have to deal with the ups and downs in the beginning. But you are doing it! I'm so proud of you. It will pass. Cravings pass. The more you stay away from the very thing that caused it the beginning the more it will get easier and you will get stronger. It's the only way out.

That's what I would say to me when it was me just starting my journey. It probably would have ticked me off too beings I was the one up to my neck in it. But it's true. It's just part of the deal. The small print I didn't read or pay attention to when I continued to drink and rely upon it so much.

You can do it! Push through the uncomfortable! It gets easier. It gets better.

You are doing great!!