View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
youngLadySober

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
it's pretty normal to feel this way in the beginning - especially if you feel you've been forced into quitting.

How have the last 34 days been - do you feel better at all?

D
Its been up and down. Honestly I'm happy I have decided I don't drink but there are a lot of days where I question my decision. I just feel like I'm not going to be able to make friends and be "cool to hang around" when meeting people. I just moved to Denver and I have meet a few people...whos hobby is drinking and I pretty much can't hang out with them so Ive been hanging out with my bf a lot more which is a good and bad thing sometimes. I feel like we should be out socializing with other people but hes so nervous to put me around alcohol that we avoid going to social things with people are age. We did however go to a bowling alley that served alcohol (most people are there to drink) and had a great time. I was actually able to look around and not be consumed with the idea that Im not drinking.

I guess one day at a time but right now this decision has me on a emotional roller coaster...