View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Do I ignore the texts?
Texts or phone calls that are respectful.....I respond to. Texts or phone calls that are blaming, shaming, angry, abusive, manipulative, etc.....do not get a response from me.

In my experience, quacking is usually minimizing, making promises to temporarily appease, talking nonsense, illogical or circular arguments, etc. When it moves into blaming, shaming, manipulation, degradation, insults, threats, etc......it is emotional and psychological abuse. My boundary.....I will not willingly allow anyone to emotionally or psychologically abuse me and I do not have to listen to quacking. I will use exit strategies or not respond. Period. Those types of behaviors are typically employed to get a response. When it doesn't work, it stops (after a period of escalating to try to get a response.....and that is when it can get dangerous).

The "you are cold" is a guilt tactic. If you are ever feeling Fear, Obligation, Guilt (F.O.G.) while talking to someone, that is a good signal that the person you are talking to is trying to manipulate you. F.O.G. tactics are used to create self doubt and unclear thinking.

Just my two cents and worth about that!

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke