View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverinbeauty

Methadone & recovery

im a month sober and have been in the methadone program for over 4 mths. now. I have a sponsor who told me that she doesn't think the program will worl for me as good cuz im on methadone cuz im still dependant o something and its a synthetic opiote. I felt a little discouraged about that comment cuz I love the support I get from my methadone place and its not just me going in taking my dose and leaving..theres counseling and booklets I do and I find it beneficial to me that I go.if it wasn't for them I couldt get off heroin and live a normal life.i am a mother and have a job so the choice for me to go to detox was out of the question. Methadone is not something I plan on staying on forever but for now it works.it does help my cravings.Im only on 65 mgs. But now that she stuck that bug in my ear I cant help but wonder if I wasn't on meth.if my recovery would be different..would it be better? I think im doing great so fa..I go to meetings everyday...obviously got a sponsor and im on step 4.Does anyone have any opinion on this? my meth.counselor said ppl who don't know a lot about meth.judge it harshly anf they should..I knw heroin anonymous welcomes ppl on meth.and doesn't trat them different but I love the fellowship in AA..i don't know just a little confused.I know she wants me off of it but its not something I want to do right now and am scared if I tell her shell quit me..I feel like im in the middle and am being pulled different directions~!!!!