Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
GracieLou

I have started a relationship with another sober alcoholic. It is interesting to say the least and I mean that in a good way. The open and honesty we share is like no other I have ever experienced.

We have a great time and we laugh, a lot. I don’t think I could be with someone who is not a recovered alcoholic. They just would not get it. We have fun with it and enjoy our recovery. We also help each other and do not sugar coating anything when it comes to our sobriety but we do not act like a sponsor to the other. There are times when we each need our space to go to our sponsor and it is nice to have that trust and understanding. Not everything is about me or him.

I can’t imagine being with anyone else.

Some people know about our relationship but we are not open about it at the meetings we attend together. Sometimes we sit together and sometimes we don’t. When we do, there is no PDA. We are their for a meeting to share out ESH, not to act like teenagers. Neither of us are insecure so there is no childish GF/BF games going on. For the people that don’t know, we are just friends.

We live one day at a time, together.