View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CelticZebra

Great idea to change from being not in control to being in control.

I found AVRT last week and I'm firmly back in control. I've been keeping a diary again to note what I'm eating, drinking, smoking, doing, feeling, thinking and I'm starting to notice the pattern. ( I like to replace my addictions with others; currently working on my caffeine intake!) it's getting to know myself again and put myself back in the driving seat of my life. I am an adult, I am going through a 'growing up' phase in order to be prepared to meet the next stage in my life (40 soon)

When I was 17 I genuinely believed I would be dead by 40 (could still happen!) the difference now is that I want to get there singing, dancing, laughing with my jingly-jangly bells on to celebrate the miracle of my life and be able to remember the good times, the happy times and to get more of the same in the future so my memories will change and when I'm no longer able to enjoy the freedom's I have now I can look back with minimal regret.

Deeper & deeper I go into the depths of myself shining light and hope to the darkest corners of my soul, reaching out a hand to my fear and introducing it to Joy.

More waffle sorry, it's therapeutic for me!

Hope for you

SoberRecoveryApp via mini Zebra iPad