View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

I'm sorry, Cricket. Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you called your AH and his sister and explained that the kids can not spend the night because of the party tomorrow and set a reasonable hour for them to be home? Or, told your AH that he will have to choose one of the major responsibilities (cleaning or cooking) for tomorrow and be in charge of it?

I know how difficult it is when you don't get help with the cleaning/cooking for parties. That happens to me frequently. I've finally just started giving up some of the control. If that means my house is not as clean as I'd like, so be it. Or, if it means I feed the group delivery pizza as opposed to a home cooked meal, so be it. I've found that the more I take care of these types of things, the more my family expects me to do and the less they help. If, on the other hand, I give up some of the control and just let the chips fall where they may, my family realizes they need to step up and help if they want things to go as planned. Or, sometimes, I find that when I give up control and it doesn't go as I thought it should, we still have fun and it's still a successful party.

Hugs, cricket.