View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Rickh54

Hi Class of November. Sorry I have been negligent in my postings. All is well with me and keeping focused and sober. Feb 12 makes three months for me. Once in a while the SOB comes around making me think that I should be okay by the summer fun season to have a few. So I have to regroup and adjust my plan. My usual summer time is spent at our rec property on a gorgeous river south of here. The beer starts flowing around noon and lasts until the evening fire and marshmallows are done.
I spent $400 on a new fly rod on Saturday. That will be my activity when everyone else is sitting dangling the feet in the river with a cooler at their side. Have to resolve to the fact that I just can't do it anymore. No problem says I.
Well 3 months is the longest I have gone without a drink for 45 years. I feel good, sleep great and eat well. Except for the ice cream and jujube addiction I currently have. I have also gained a few pounds. Must be the kale and quinoau my wife makes me eat every meal. Yeck, I hate that stuff.
Enjoying the Olympics. Canada is kicking butt. Love it.
Hope you are all well and congrats to all of you as you reach and pass your milestones. Keep doing what you are doing, cause its working
All the best Friends