View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Admiral

The work of Byron Katie

This is it, I've finally found something that's started to answer my questions and really open my eyes to the truth of things. AA does a good job of dealing with resentment, but for some people that way of thinking just doesn't make sense. I always knew that I had a lot of resentment, but I didn't understand what it meant to hand it over to a higher power, that concept was completely meaningless to me. The work of Byron Katie is kind of like a fourth and fifth step, but it's a different way to look at it, and it makes much more sense to me.

Basically you take a resentment, and then turn it around at yourself to see if it is true for yourself.

For example, I felt that my friends judged me and did not respect who I was and it made me angry. Why do their words and actions effect me so strongly? Is it because I feel what they say is true? Maybe I don't respect myself, maybe I judge myself and do not accept who I am...

Doing this honestly can be shocking, and once you realize that all resentment is internal, you can see it for what it is and let it go.

About The Work :: The Work of Byron Katie

If you have resentments but feel that AA isn't the right angle to approach it, try this instead.