View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Hi Zorah, sorry I'm late to this thread.

Sounds like a tough time you're having. How far have you got with the steps? I think it was doing a thorough inventory that really helped me. You sound like you've got some great people working alongside you..your sponsor, your therapist, your Psych. I would urge you to be completely honest with them, tell them where you really are because they won't be able to support properly without the facts.

One of my main character defects turned out to be dishonesty and this was a complete revelation to me. My dishonesty centred around the appearances I gave out to others. In my real life I'm a professional career woman, wife, Mum..if you met me, you would think I was completely self-composed instead of this insecure scared child, which is how I really felt. I got good at asking for help on SR, shared a lot of stuff, but my ego stopped me from being honest with those people in my life that had their hands outstretched to me..

Working the steps thoroughly, getting in tough with my sponsor when I needed to, getting completely honest with my therapist...that is what has turned my life around.

Best wishes to you x