View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
987g

I understand what you are saying and I thank you for it! I guess it's time for me to realize that even though he has always treated me very good, we have gotten a lot closer lately and I'm finally really seeing the darkness to it all first hand.

I know I don't deserve to be treated badly and it's not like I'm chasing him around or expect him to just come dashing into my life one day and admit what a mistake he's made. Someone did that to me once actually and it really freaked me out lol

I don't know, I guess I'm just feeling conflicted! I love this person and his family so I guess I just want to be hopeful and believe that it will all be okay for everyone. Especially since he was doing so great before this stressful time. Like I said, he's not drinking but he's being a real ass just because he doesn't know how to deal with all the emotions that he's going through.

But another part of me knows he is who he is. I've seen the hurt he can cause. This will happen again. And I will get my feelings hurt again. Jesus and AA may help him but the way he treats people and behaves, that is purely up to him.

Thanks for the input! It helps to hear what others have to say and I appreciate it! It also helps me to look more at myself, even though I might not have had a traumatic childhood, I have my own issues too. This isn't the first encounter I've ever with an addict. One of my closest friends in high school ended up being a heroin addict. But I don't really feel anything for him at all. I just look at him and see that he is not the friend that he was when we were 16 and I see the path that our lives took as really a blessing.
Maybe it's just harder with my friend now since I'm so intertwined with him and his family and the fact they live 4 feet away!