View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DoubleBarrel

I never had to worry about how I was gonna buy anything, including beer or wine or drugs.
In fact I was a bit of a brand snob, except for the fact that I drank pabst like atheletes drink water.

Having money means you arent gonna hit bottom from being broke, from stealing, from losing your job, from losing your home.

Its probably as common or more common for addicts with money to die outright if you have a lot of money, because you can get as much as you want. Hell, I had a full size refrigerator/freezer, FULL of booze in my garage. I bought grocery carts full of booze and got quantity discounts for buying cases of wine. I had a local store that placed custom orders for me, and would tell me how many cases I needed to buy to get a break.

And when I had a company credit card, I used that for "entertaining" pretty liberally too.

Its pretty strange to me when people say, oh, hes rich, why would he be an addict.

When you ARE an addict, and you LOVE drinking and "partying" AND you can afford it, theres almost nothing more dangerous.