Thread: 6,8,10 times
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I was thinking more about this and it starts out talking about Philip Seymour Hoffman and how he relapsed after not using drugs since college 23 years earlier. His death and the details upset me a lot because my husband was injecting drugs and could have died like that, and he still could one day.The idea is about the insidious nature of addiction, how its hard to beat, can take lots of work and rehabs, and still wont be beat in the end.That’s what chronic means. The idea young people especially but really everyone should run from any sign of addiction in a person no matter if it was decades ago because it will bring down everyone who’s close to it.

For people who have been hurt so badly by addiction, maybe stayed with someone who abused them, or if its still an active force in life, then I understand why the thought and the inner conscious to tell people to run away. It’s the idea they don’t know their life could be made as tragic as what some have experienced.

Did you know after he relapsed a few months ago, he moved out of the family home and rented a place on his own blocks away so he could still be near. Addiction forced them apart probably much to protect the kids which was right. She was not in denial, didn’t need to be saved. She always had the power to distance herself and her kids, and it was probably heartbreaking but she did what was needed when it was time.

Something gets left out, it’s the life of Philip Hoffman and the people who loved him through all the years he was sober, and all the years he wasn’t.

Would his wife change her life if she could?

Does she now regret not running away from him years ago? They were together almost 15 years, had 3 children.

Amazing times? Awful times ? Im sure both but which was greater? Only she knows.

Now she has those memories but life is changed forever for her and the kids. Today there must be a lot of pain, but would they surrender the pain if it meant losing the memories, and the life they built with him?

No one can answer that question for them.

In the end, their life was joined with his, and it will forever be.

If you say to yourself her experience is not like mine, its not the norm, her circumstances are different because, or , or , or, isnt that another point? Everyone is different, we all walk in our own shoes, down our own roads.