View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

This all started because I went to a friend's apt. to hang out Friday night, and didn't get dinner groceries in the way home as expected

Ok I totally had a flashback reading your first paragraph. It could've been describing any random weekend with my ex. The torrents of verbal abuse and furniture smashing. We used to go through coffee tables like normies go through toilet paper. This didn't start because of anything you did or didn't do. This started because he's an abusive, emotionally unstable individual who needs an outlet for his rage. Alcohol is just like gasoline to that fire- but the fire is burning all the time, believe me. If it hadn't been that it would have been something else. You did the right thing by leaving with your kittycat. Something that took me too long to realize- his "real self" and his "monster self" are the SAME PERSON. You can't separate the two and only try to have a relationship with one of them.
As for getting your stuff- do it as soon as you can arrange some safety precautions for yourself then go no contact with this guy. It sounds harsh, but you have to protect yourself. Hugs and thanks for posting.