Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
justwanttohelp2

Yes definitely made some feelings resurface regarding my moms drinking. I had a really hard time for years dealing with that. Finally decided it was too much negative energy focused on something I had zero control over. I talk to my mom almost daily and see her weekly and I'd love for her to just say hey I want help, but I ignore it for now since none of it effects me. My SM I think wants help and maybe thats why I am wanting so much to be there for her. It hit me hard. My dad was even surprised by my reaction. I think very highly of her and her professionalism...i'm just baffled. The situation was work related so I think since her career is her life this will be taken seriously. I feel sad for her and sad that my dad has been dealing with this on his own. He was the one who helped me realize I cant help my mom if she doesnt want help so I know he understands he cant do much for my SM, but drunken stoopers are still stressful for anyone in the house. I will talk to her in the next couple days and sag just that. I agree, well said nwgrit.