View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LvWrAM123

Happy birthday!

My 20s were great/fun, but I got so much more setled into who I was/came into my own in my 30s-wouldn't trade it for anything! Now I have recently joined the ranks of the next decade (yikes!) and while in many ways, so far (with DH) it has already been the worst of times -relapse, betrayal, AND the best of times -treatment, recovery, and most importantly, ME WORKING ON ME, setting boundaries, KNOWING I can do this on my own if it comes to it, and knowing what I (and my kids) deserve, I am looking forward to the rest of what this new decade has to offer. My focus now is on SELF-CARE, physically and mentally, appreciating what I have, and both being strong/letting go which I used to think of as a contradiction, but am finally starting to understand, are kind of 2 sides of the same coin.

As stated above-there are ways to get the vacation, getaway, etc. even without a partner, but also know this-if you WANT a life partner, you are going to have one (You're only turning 29-you don't have 1 foot in the grave yet!). Eventually you will either work things our with your husband or you won't, and if you don't you will have learned some lessons, you will be a strong, independent woman caring for your kids, and some great new person will find that awesomely attractive. IF that's what you want...

So, give yourself permission to finish this little "pity party"-we are all entitled to one from time to time!, figure out how to get mom or a friend or someone to take the kiddos off your hands for a couple hours or days or ??? and get yourself horizontal somewhere warm to relax, whether it is a sandy carribean beach, or your couch with a blanket and a good book or a nap or whatever. You deserve it! And if you are willing to brave flying with the 2 little ones, there are some awesome resorts with kid clubs where you can make sandcastles and memories with the littles and still have time for mama/me time on the beach!

Here's to an awesome decade ahead!