Old 01-30-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
AVRT is basic, but somehow AV is constantly fooling me.
When you reach the end point of eating a planned amount and then decide "What the heck" and continue serving food into your mouth and swallowing, your AV is not "fooling" you at all. You know exactly what you are doing.

You may be behaving "foolishly" by using AVRT terms to create some sort of unusual reasoning for being powerlessly "fooled", but the AV is nothing more than the residual thoughts and feelings of an old bad habit, trying to get you to keep it up. For instance, I don't believe you can be convinced that there is daylight where you are in the middle of the night. Recognition is simply that black and white. For some reason, you are choosing not to do AVRT, yet still talk all about it.

When I quit sweetened foods for good 20 months ago the only conflict I had with using AVRT was BEFORE I made the Big Plan for sweets, right here on SR. I could easily recognize my sugar Beast, and even understood how I could be separate from IT while I was swallowing some spoonfuls of fruit preserves. But the truth was, when in the act of eating sweets, I and IT had lost all separation. We were again, for that short period, ONE and the same.

I then realized how wonderfully correct, direct, and complete, making the Big Plan for sweets could be IF I WOULD JUST DO IT. So ... I did it. End of conflict.

I think the Big Plan does cause some physical rerouting of neuron pathways. "Never" is the key word.

MB, If you haven't already, you have every capacity to make a Big Plan for alcohol, another one for sweets, and still another one for binge eating.