View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brindie

Thank you previous posters

Folks
I'd like to thank you all - whatever your experience or story on here - for helping in so many ways to firstly understand that my DH was a high functioning alcoholic - with most of the typical behaviours you folks have noted in your posts. I had been putting up with verbal abuse and unpredictable behaviour for 6 years at least, with intermittent violence - smashing property, being cruel to the dogs, secretive, deceitful, silent, remorseless,denigrating ..... Every second week there was a blow-up. Not as much as some of you folks experience but never a word spoken, discussion, apology, regret. .... Just complete silence. I hadn't put 2 + 2 together until I found this site and read your posts. I have been doing other reading and slowly opening up to friends in the past three moths after years of covering up and pretending our home life is good. The courage you anonymous folks have given me to do this has made all the difference to me being able to come to a decision about what to do. So I walked out one week ago today exactly. Left at 6.00am in the morning with the 2 dogs as if I was going to work, a few bin bags full of clothes and little else. I am lucky, I am financially independent, and can do that. But it is the courage and insight of you all out there that have made this possible. So thank you, wherever you are, I am now one week in to an unfurnished rented house, DH has no address and I have had the first really good nights' sleep in months.

Thanks to you all wherever you are, and all the best