Old 01-26-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Readreadread

It sounds like my stbxh, he wants what he wants when he wants it. The good thing for me is that he only wants what he wants about 57% of the time (missed visitation rate.) I also had a negative experience in court, it is a toxic place. I chalked it up to the profession lends itself to addicts and alcoholics of all kinds, it's a breeding ground for the emotionally unhealthy. As I tell myself daily, if stbxh keeps on the unhealthy path it is only a matter of time before he digs himself a really deep hole. I am sorry that you are going through all of this, in my situation I wanted to wave my arms and remind everyone... who stays home from work when dd is sick, who washes laundry, cooks, buys clothes, gives baths, teaches, entertains??! Not the addict, but why is everyone so hell bent on protecting the time that the addict spends with his children? It is time for society to shift to protect the emotional well being of kids and not protect the adults. I believe this will only breed more addicts/codependents. Food for thought, I guess if we were all emotionally healthy the famlily law attys would be out of jobs.