Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rosiepetal

After 2 sleepless nights & loads of thought I think I will do the following:

I will do things my way which my interim order will allow me.

Before the case gets to court I will make an offer to settle for doing things the kids fathers way.

It is not particularly what I want & I see many problems ahead but at least if I put it in to practise my way first, get the kids settled into change & then apply the final change then I will know I have tried my best & for the best possible outcome but that because the court is involved it is out of my hands.

I don't feel I have anything to gain from going to a court case because I am 99% sure the court will rule in his favour.

It is frustrating that others only see what is on paper & think it's smoother yet the 1 person who has been living her life with the children for 7 years sees lots of potential problems.

I think what I will have to do is harden up & when all the problems start occurring it will no longer be my problem.

If XH wants to do it his way, let him & let him find out for himself what the potential problems are & let him deal with them.

It is hard for me to put my trust into a man who has never really been there for the kids but I think it will be time to hand them over & see if he sinks or swims.

After the past 2 days & the kids being with him he rings me when I'm just about to leave to collect the kids & tells me he is running at least 1 hour late & is out of town & he will drop them to me but he doesn't have their bags & will have to sort that out.
So the kids come back to me 1hr 20mins late & their bags are returned 2 hours after that! Wholy, if he can't get today's arrangements right, how is he going to adapt to the new arrangements???

Not my problem.