Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rosiepetal

XH is a ex drug addict not an alcoholic.
Who knows if he is clean or not.
My current BF is 1 year sober.
I know bad choice in men. Relationship with current RABF is good.
XH fed me up on meth 7 years ago & as a result I checked myself into rehab as I wanted out & to get clean for the kids.
He continued to use, I've never looked backed & remained clean & will never return.
I had big fears over the safety of my children while he was still using, I approached lawyers who wouldn't do anything about it & suggested I wait for something bad to happen to gain proof.
XH was unemployed, growing cannabis & living off the sales off this & using meth & god knows what else.
I had such concerns for my children that I took it into my own hands & called an anonymous crimeline to report his cannabis growing & selling.
I confided in a friend who broke my confidentiality & XH found out & as a result fled to another country.
He didn't have to leave, he only had to shut down his operation & carry on with life & get a real job & stop using.
When in another country he sent texts to my eldest daughter telling her all sorts of lies about me & kept reminding her of what I'd done & what she should do to me to make me pay. It caused problems between me & her but because of the great relationship we have we sorted it out between us.
XH has never helped to make our lives easier, everything is a battle & I received loads of mental abuse from him over the years to the point I had to take it up with the police & record texts.
The children have been excelling in my day to day care because I am the one that has been there for them. All the results are there for anyone to view.
I hope this builds a clearer picture.
Thanks for your support, I really need it at the moment.