View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by worriedmind View Post
I've tried so hard to make this work, but I just can't fix it. I don't know what he's going to do without me, but I also know that I'm enabling him - maybe preventing him from getting help.
You can't fix us, we have to do this ourselves. What he is going to have to do without you is to grow the hell up. I certainly had to. We count on you guys to take the burden of fixing us so that we don't have to do it ourselves.

You are not a wimp, you are caught up in this cycle with him and the longer you are there the harder it is to get out. We beat you down and take you with us basically. You must be physically and mentally exhausted. Please don't give up and think you can't find someone better.

You do not deserve this kind of life, you do not want this man as a father to your own kids. Do you not want your kids to have better than this?

And the important thing is that you matter and don't you ever settle just because you think you have to. You only settle for someone who will treat you like gold and give you the respect you deserve.