View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
OttersHoldHands

I guess in an effort to be concise i didnt explain entirely why its so upsetting. there was a connection. there was months of communication before meeting in person (old friend from childhood). the trust was there. i confided. everything seemed good until i brought up the hot cold drug thing. then it turned into him saying he was excited about his future and he had a lot to offer and i was too short.

this is in a way JUST a relationship that didnt work out. I understand that. Im in my 30s. Ive had some bad relationships, less good ones.

My struggle is that this one has really really brought me down. Im wondering if there is something wrong with me or if anyone else has had a situation where, even though it was short, they felt similar. are there reasons i can look to for why this person just decided i was a loser (perhaps due to addiction) is there anything than I can help understand why I went from what felt like such a hopeful connection to being cruelly rejected.

Are there elements at play in addiction that makes an addict push people away that they would otherwise want?