View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by BlueSkies1 View Post
Looks to me he is testing the waters by taking off the ring. Just what does life feel like to not wear one?
perhaps sending you a message too.

I see disintegration. You two talk, but when you do, it's in that passive and sometimes passive aggressive way...by taking off a ring, by not showing up...what I am saying is that he practices detachment just like you do.

He also is probably frustrated that he's been "a good boy" since before the holidays yet you haven't come around to loving that good boy in the ways he wants you to. Then he says to heck with it, I might as well stay home alone and get smashed.

I recognize some of this. Seen it here from time to time.

I'm glad you can detach when you need to.
I'm curious about the detachment all the time.
There's good detach, and there's numbing detachment, or escapism.
It can be practiced with alcohol, but it can be practiced by building walls too...there's a difference between when we need to detach, and when we build walls...
thinking aloud, and thinking about me too.
I struggle with the numbing detachment (I like the way you put that) too. But, if I don't trust him, then I don't trust him and I need to detach. I'm not like that with everyone else in my life so sometimes I have to look at other relationships to remind myself that I am not just a wife, I am also a friend, a daughter, and a mother, etc and many of those other relationships are quite healthy in my life. It shows me that I am capable of having good relationships, despite how messed up my marriage may be.