Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Witsend82

Question Lost

Hi there,

This is my first post and I don't know what I'm looking for. Answers might be too optimistic. Maybe clarification that it's not l in my head.
I've been with my OH for 3 years. We both have children from previous relationships. We were both heavy social drinkers when we met. 1st 6 months were good, then it started going downhill. Anger, verbal abuse from both sides. Then he started really losing it when drunk and would smash the place up. So we sat and talked and realised things needed to change. So for the next year things did. Or I did. I slowed down on my drinking and limited my intake. I felt bad for my actions toward some one I love when drunk. But my oh carried on regRdless. Only this time there is only one drunk aggressive person in the room. And every time is escalates I turn Into a victim, taking it. Thinking it's better than us both being drunk, I could sometimes diffuse the situation

It got worse and worse. I have lost all confidence within myself, I feel half the person I was when we met. He drinks to the point of blacking out and can't remember. Then before Xmas I stayed in while he went out. He came home at 6 I. The morning angry and lashing out. Then I am told he cheated on me-he can't remember.

Enough was enough. I couldn't stay with him if he continued to drink. He promised to stop, begged for another chance.

I asked him to go to councilling or aa. He said his problem isn't that bad.

He left to work in Africa 3 days ago. And started drinking when he got there.

He says I am trying to control him. From reading the above stickies I know I am
I do t know what to do for the best

Please help