SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - A New Year, A New Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
MythOfSisyphus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyT View Post

As I have said before, without being able to admit things to this forum I would have just ended up drinking. So thanks to everyone, and the persons I have contacted privately know I have an extra thanks aimed at you.
Then I'm glad you have SR! I know what you mean in a way; drinking used to be my way of coping with everything. Literally anything that went wrong in the slightest way was an excuse to get plastered. But since I took that option off the table I've actually found myself coping a lot better. I guess we all have legit coping skills but many of us never use them because it's easier to rely on chemical self medication.

I also recently had a personal experience that quite rattled me, and probably will for some time. Just for an instant part of me thought I might as well drink, but that was just a fleeting thought.