View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by JackieC View Post
Sounds like you got your money's worth Dan! Good work. Keep it up!

I spent all afternoon putting together a new elliptical machine. Then I got on it and after 6 minutes I was huffing and puffing so badly that I had to stop. Looks like I'm going to have to move gradually into longer workouts, to say the least.

And Zero. Wow, you put all of that incredibly articulately. I am so happy for you and how you are experiencing this journey so . . . authentically. It's very inspiring; thanks for sharing those thoughts with us.

My brother is headed to town with his kids for the weekend. He's not a drinker so I feel great about spending time with everyone.

Day 27 comes to an end!

Goodnight all,
Jackie
Two things: I have hurt myself, possibly permanently, working out too hard after too much lethargy. This time I found this workout that increases incrementally over the course of a month. The first day is like 10 crunches, 10 leg lifts, and a 10 second plank - period. It's getting tougher, though.

Next: I confess that the elation I shared this afternoon has passed like a helium balloon that untied itself, and now I'm plllbbbttthing myself in a random downward sort of spiraling chaos of the mind. I'm alone on a Friday night without my sober wife and I'm bouncing from doing part of my workout, to trying to read, to surfing SR... First real temptation to drink, but not gonna happen even if I have to keep returning to you guys until the bars and liquor stores close.

Definitely a rollercoaster this early sobriety stuff. It's all part of the adventure, I guess. I don't really like feeling like I have to distract myself, but if that's what it takes. Maybe I'll play some guitar - haven't done enough of that since my last drink.