Thread: Good update :)
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
True, but here's what I also see: YOU are better and better too. This is not the same WTBH that I first saw posting after I joined. Congratulations, your recovery really suits you. You are truly mighty and inspiring.
Abso-freaking-lutely... Holy hell was I ever a hot mess!!!

Codependent queen, excuses up the wazoo, justifying enabling as "being a good person" and I wholeheartedly believed it all...

I thought my identity was directly tied to how much I took care of others.

UGH!

I undoubtedly pissed off most everyone here for at least a whole year-- probably longer-- and it's easily those who called me on my codie BS whose advice I recall the clearest bc when I didn't want to hear it it's bc I knew deep down they were right.

It's not just xAH I am free of-- I have changed the dynamic of what I will tolerate with my family of origin and distanced myself from dysfunction that I will no longer tolerate... I am not afraid to **** people off to do what is healthy for ME and my kids anymore and I like the new me who has a backbone.... The spineless, scared, amoeba like wuss that I was was miserable and boring.

Being balsy is way more fun I am finding and I am remembering that pre meeting xAH this is who I used to be!