View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OliveDog

Marius76, I'd imagine that if you recognize this change in your desire for social interaction than it is likely a temporary state.

Like foureyedfool, I'm drawn away from others while drinking -- to a bit of an extreme.

As an example: There's a possibility that I'll have to get a professional evaluation of my alcohol use in the coming weeks. If so, apparently they'll want me to bring someone who knows me well. Alas, there is no such person. I've lived alone for nine years and have only a handful of acquaintances from work. I've never had them over or been to their houses. I only know them from the work setting or the annual picnic. No friends or family who could validly corroborate (or refute) anything I tell the evaluator. Just my sweet dog, Olive. The lawyer says that they won't believe me; but, it's true. If this evaluation thing goes down, I suppose that I'm going to have to try to convince my neighbor to serve the role.

I'm not sure what sobriety will bring in this regard. I'm only on day 5 drink-free, but I'm not noticing any increased desire yet to go out and make friends.

Anyway, stay strong Marius76.

Best,
ODog