View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RevivingOphelia
Still I rise.

He's still drinking. Saturday night? Haven't you given him enough chances?

At one point I remember reading you were moving into your own place, and I thought FINALLY! What happened to that plan? He temporarily "changed" in order to hold onto you?

Besides the amazingly shabby treatment of you as evidenced throughout your posts on this site, I also remember some seriously messed up things he said to your son about gay people AND, on the other hand, belittling your sister (?) for not sleeping with her partner soon enough (nice double standard there). Also, him not wanting to get a vasectomy is seriously messed up -- sure, let you stay on the Pill for years and potentially mess up your health? He sounds homophobic and misogynistic.

His constant manipulation and gaslighting of you makes me think of qualities of narcissism or even sociopathy. He knows exactly what to do/say in order -- just enough -- in order to prevent you from leaving.

Honestly, from all the posts and threads I've read of yours, he sounds like a narcissistic jerk. He just doesn't seem like a good person. I have no faith in his ability to change based on the evidence of your posts.

Why not start living your own life and maybe eke out some peaceful days for YOU?

He's not going to change. He drank on Saturday!

He is manipulative and you have every reason not to trust him. I wouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty for not trusting him. He is untrustworthy.

I just wish you could find the strength to believe you will have a more peaceful life on your own than with him.