View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
And, what you said is exactly where I get stuck: trusting myself. I don't trust myself and I'm trying to figure out how to do just that.

Technically, I'm the crazy one in this relationship and I never would have said that a few years ago. I've allowed myself to spiral downwards and I'm just so damn tired of trying to claw my way to the top. I feel like I do all the right things when it comes to my recovery: attending Al Anon meetings, calling friends from program and not isolating myself, working on improving my friendships, communicating and being brutally honest with my sponsor, journaling, praying, and praying some more. Learning how to meditate and quiet my mind and spirit, etc. Maybe I'm just frustrated because my timing is NOT supposed to take this long and I'm at my own self-constructed wall. Quite frankly, I'm just tired of ME.
I am curious Liz what you do or what is in your life other than your recovery that brings you joy?

It sounds like most to all of your time is focused on actively working on it or thinking about it.